Please take the time to review the guidelines below, so we keep our students safe! We’ve recently added student Safety Patrol Officers during pick-up to help assist with the safety of our students. Improving student safety is a top priority at Main Street School. It is important that everyone dropping off and picking up students follow the same procedures. PLEASE, observe the following rules:
- Please treat our campus supervisors courteously and follow their directions! Their number one priority is your child’s safety.
- The most important thing to remember is to be courteous, cautious, and constantly aware (always looking all around you) as you are driving through the parking lot.
- We have more staff members than we have parking stalls, so it is imperative that you do not use the staff parking lot to park your car or drop-off/pick-up students.
- Drivers should not form two lines on Main Street while waiting to enter the school parking lot. This blocks traffic on Main Street and could lead to an accident.
- When you are driving north on Main Street, please pull to the right, and wait in a single line as you approach the school parking lot.
- Please note the No Parking Signs from Bridge Street to the driveway from 2:00 to 3:30 each school day. We need you to observe this no parking zone on early release days from 11:00 to 12:15 as well, as it really helps the flow of traffic.
- Once in the school parking lot, maintain one line on the far right. A second lane on the far left may be formed once you are past the lower left entrance to the parking area.
- If you are in the pick-up/drop-off lines, you must stay in your vehicle and pull all the way forward before stopping, and then continue to move forward, closing the gaps, until you have exited the parking lot.
- Do not leave your car unattended unless it is parked in one of the stalls.
- Please do not park in the bus zone.
- Make sure you stop at ALL stop signs in and around the school property.
- If you are picking up multiple children at different times, please consider parking in a space and walking up to pick up your children. A reminder: Children are not allowed to play on the playground, unless it is their recess or PE time and they are supervised by an employee, until after 3:05 pm.
- Please use the marked crosswalk when crossing the street.
- Finally, please consider car-pooling to help decrease the congestion in the parking lot.
An important note, the gates on Via Gatos are for pedestrians and bike riders only. Please do not park or drop off students in this area. The area is patrolled periodically by CHP, and you may receive a traffic violation. The gates are to be used only for neighborhood students going to and from schools and for emergencies.